PSYC 1002 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Health Psychology, Statistical Significance, Positive Psychology

30 views17 pages

Document Summary

That void has been filled by chronic diseases that develop gradually which psychosocial factors like stress play a role in. Threatened by drunk: chronic stressors threatening events that have a relatively long duration and no readily apparent time limit, ex. I(cid:374)di(cid:448)iduals e(cid:454)pe(cid:396)ie(cid:374)(cid:272)i(cid:374)g (cid:862)ti(cid:373)e (cid:272)(cid:396)u(cid:374)(cid:272)h(cid:863) i(cid:374)(cid:272)(cid:396)eased (cid:1005)(cid:1010)% f(cid:396)o(cid:373) (cid:1005)99(cid:1006) to. Annoyance, fear, anger, anxiety, grief: have begun to uncover strong links between specific cognitive reactions. Intimate relationship between stress and mood to stress and specific emotions: ex. Self blame tends to lead to guilt: many emotions can be evoked by stress but some are more likely than others, a. ) Apprehension, anxiety, fear: c. ) dejection, sadness, grief, positive emotions can occur in periods of stress, ex. Physiological arousal occurs as body musters resources to combat challenge (essentially fight or flight: with prolonged stress the organism continues to stage of resistance: physiological changes stabilize as coping efforts get underway.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers