PSYC 2801 Lecture 12: mid term reading notes

226 views30 pages

Document Summary

Midterm exam next wednesday: 20% of mark, 40 mc, week 1-5 aka chapter 1-6, approx. Do(cid:374)"t fo(cid:272)us o(cid:374) (cid:373)i(cid:374)o(cid:396) details u(cid:374)less spe(cid:272)ified. Application questions: example, what concept is being displayed. Chapter: most people work in service industries, work for money, health, quality of family relationship, well being, every worker has someone paying them for their services. Field of both scientific research and professional practice that aims to further the welfare of people by understanding their behaviour in the work place, helping them pursue meaningful work, and assisting organizations in the effective management of human resources. Focus on individual and organization (helps individual pursue work and helps organization effectively manage. Scientific work is informed by practice: may lean toward more sciency but have a knowledge on both science and practice. History of i/o psych: created mostly in 20-21 century, new field with major developments, emerged in canada after ww2 significantly. Early years i/o psych= natural outgrowth of times.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers