Sociology (1,023)
SOCI 3410 (64)

Lecture 5

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Carleton University
SOCI 3410
Darryl Davies

Clips we watched in class: Major Crimes, S01E07 TO – Field information Report CTV News – Tysowski Carding - “I’m giving you this ticket because you told me that you have never had an encounter with the police and you lied, so don’t be an asshole next time.” - “He was intimidated and didn’t know what the laws was, and didn’t want it to hurt him in the future” - Toronto Police no longer do that – it’s illegal - “we collect information, we don’t do it for a sinister reason, we only collect it for a certain reason.” - OIPRD quote from the cards that he was cocky and no professional – there is no criteria for that, in their street check they forwarded the information - isused+information+gleaned+from+year+carding+incident/7916824/story. html - TO – Cops Lie - The VanPD Boot to the Chest VanPD Byod Shooting 2007 VanPD Paul Byod shooting VANPD Wu Beating Initial Report VanPD Bar Incident Field reports Carding – police engage someone in a stop and they record the information – your attitude and demeanor The decision to charge you not with the offence itself, but your demeanor Street Checks - Andrew Tysowski – former student at CU – he had been stopped by police and when they did a background check they found that he had a run in
More Less

Related notes for SOCI 3410

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.