Chapter 25. The history of Life on Earth
Definitions, explanations, lists (DO NOT SUBMIT)
Four main steps for the origin of life on earth
When was earth formed?
Age of first fossils and when life began on earth
Age of first eukaryotic organism
Date of colonization of land
Date of Pangaea
Assigned Questions (SUBMIT)
1) Which organisms began the oxygen revolution?
2) What hypothesis did Miller test in his classic experiment?
3) Why is fossil record an incomplete chronicle of evolutionary change?
4) What happened during the Cambrian explosion?
Review Exercises (DO NOT SUBMIT)
1) Try the self-quiz and the Science, Technology and Society question.
2) List the evidence that supports the endosymbiotic origin of plastids and mitochondria.
3) What are the five generally recognized mass extinction events?
4) What is the function of Hox genes
5) Try Concept Check 25.2, #1 and #3 on page 514, and Concept Check 25.3 on page 519. Chapter 26. Phylogeny and the Tree of Life
Definitions, explanations, lists (not to be han