School
Concordia University
Department
English
Course
ENGL 224
Lesson 3
Introduction to Poetry
Define: a quality of beauty and intensity of emotion regarded as characteristic of poems
Form/Style:
Discussion Board Posts:
- The dramatic scenes, from “365 Days/ 365 Plays by Susan Lori-Parks were short and
fascinating to read. The first short scene that I read was “blackbird” and it was quite
funny to read. It seems like it was a scene created through improvisation. It was change
from the typical dramatic scenes you read because it incorporated slangs and racial slurs
into the dialogue. Lori-Parks also incorporated potential dialectic slangs, for example
depending on the character that was speaking, the speaker iterated the word /your/ for
“Y r”. Therefore, leading the audience to believe that the characters may derive from a
specific location or use slang when speaking. The two scenes had a play on two vary
different events. I did not enjoy reading the second excerpt because it only described
the character licking something and her enjoying what she’s licking. Lori-Parks used to
much description and it was not needed in this excerpt. In my opinion, it was quite an
odd read.
- Following the reading of Anaïs’ work, I noticed that she is someone who is very
passionate about what she wrote. When reading her work, you can tell that she uses her
personal experiences to get inspiration for what she writes.
Interview with Anaïs Nin
- (21st, 1903 Jan 17, 1977)
- Trilingual, French, English
- Countless short stories
- Erotic novels
o Deltra of venus & little birds
- First female to address aspects of sexuality and desire, transgressive & queer sexuality
too
- Married twice
o Might have overlapped
o Had many lovers both, men and women
- Kept a journal when she was 11
o Complicated relationship with her father
o Abused physically and sexually
o Wrote a journal/diary about it
o Raised as a catholic
Abanded religion at 16
- Personal experiences went into writing
Critique(s) Assignment:
- Reading the work of workers and making critiques
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Define: a quality of beauty and intensity of emotion regarded as characteristic of poems. The dramatic scenes, from 365 days/ 365 plays by susan lori-parks were short and fascinating to read. Lori-parks also incorporated potential dialectic slangs, for example depending on the character that was speaking, the speaker iterated the word /your/ for. The two scenes had a play on two vary different events. Following the reading of ana s" work, i noticed that she is someone who is very passionate about what she wrote. When reading her work, you can tell that she uses her personal experiences to get inspiration for what she writes. Interview with ana s nin (21st, 1903 jan 17, 1977) Erotic novels: deltra of venus & little birds. First female to address aspects of sexuality and desire, transgressive & queer sexuality too. Married twice: might have overlapped, had many lovers both, men and women.