Summer 2016

Department
English
Course Code
ENGL 246
Professor
Mark Rozahegy
Lecture

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 4 pages of the document.
May 5, 2016
Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
Essence of technology
Victor seems like a god figure who makes something from nothing
The monster can’t be a machine
Heidegger: the essence of technology is nothing technological
But this is where people will look
He believes technology is a type of background
Technology is a background where revealing occurs
Thee revealing is an ordering
Our work is an ordering revealing; this is how we bring things forward into appearance
Victor gathers the pieces of the body, it is not a revived dead body, but something made by
pieces
He was shocked as an artist, which is linked to technê/ poetic making
Technology is ordered and put together
You are in control of whole process of making beginning to end
You put pieces together into a framework
Background already has electricity
The things you need to create are already in the background
This is enframing/gestell
This is a verb, this place is there in action, not a passive place in the background, it is active, it is
addressing us
We always find ourselves in destiny
Goes against our idea of autonomy, this idea is illusory for him
Book of nature: being able to understand nature, nature is like a book, I can read its laws and
understand its laws, part of natural philosophy
This refers to bringing forth or technê
This is the ancient Greek view and there has been a major paradigm shift into technology
Now we attempt a mastery of nature, there is more equality between us and nature
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
May 5, 2016 Mary Shelleys Frankenstein Essence of technology Victor seems like a god figure who makes something from nothing The monster cant be a machine Heidegger: the essence of technology is nothing technological But this is where people will look He believes technology is a type of background Technology is a background where revealing occurs Thee revealing is an ordering Our work is an ordering revealing; this is how we bring things forward into appearance Victor gathers the pieces of the body, it is not a revived dead body, but something made by pieces He was shocked as an artist, which is linked to techn poetic making Technology is ordered and put together You are in control of whole process of making beginning to end You put pieces together into a framework Background already has electricity The things you need to create are already in the background This is enframinggestell This is a verb, this place is there in action, not a passive place in the background, it is active, it is addressing us We always find ourselves in destiny Goes against our idea of autonomy, this idea is illusory for him Book of nature: being able to understand nature, nature is like a book, I can read its laws and understand its laws, part of natural philosophy This refers to bringing forth or techn This is the ancient Greek view and there has been a major paradigm shift into technology Now we attempt a mastery of nature, there is more equality between us and nature
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

You've reached the limit of 4 previews this month

Create an account for unlimited previews.

Already have an account?

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit