EDUC 240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Task Analysis

105 views2 pages

Document Summary

Lesson 2 the training and development process. Culture & society: culture relates to the shared beliefs, values, and assumptions that exist in an organization, one of the extrinsic benefits of training and development is the benefits realized by society. Investing in training: however, studies have shown that companies that invest in training their employees will have higher revenues and profits as well as productivity. In order to fight the apathy of canadian orga(cid:374)izatio(cid:374)"s (cid:374)ot (cid:449)a(cid:374)ti(cid:374)g to i(cid:374)(cid:448)est i(cid:374) trai(cid:374)i(cid:374)g, companies in quebec with payrolls over million would have to spend 1% in training, otherwise pay a payroll tax. What is performance management: the concept that looks at the process of establishing performance expectations with employees, designing interventions and programs to improve performance, and monitoring the success of interventions and programs. What is development: development is the concept that studies the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform future job responsibilities.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers