PSYC 455 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Pharmacokinetics, Serotonin Transporter, Adderall

82 views6 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 2 pharmacokinetics: pharmacokinetics, pharmacokinetics definition, the science of how drugs are absorbed, distributed, metabolised, and eliminated (adme) in the body, ways to talk about drugs in the brain, drug effects: What effect a certain drug has on our behavior (e. g. , x drug makes you sleepy): drug actions: What the drug does once it gets to the brain (i. e. what it does to neurons, how it binds to its receptor): Because these people treat their adhd by taking the drug orally: If you were to snort it, you would be dancing all night (i. e. because the drug is not metabolised/absorbed the same way; the route of administration is important): Essentially, pharmacokinetics is the science of how our body rids us from substances: route of administration, two routes based on the different pharmacokinetics used to rid our bodies of a drug: Anything that goes through the gi track (i. e. oral, sublingual, rectal):

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers