SOCI 275 Lecture 13: SOCI 275 Lecture Note October 21 2015

41 views2 pages

Document Summary

I and me the process which the self is created and re-created. I me as one total process. I phase: the initial tendency to react to a disturbance. Typically conduct underway is interrupted and attention it turned to new stimulus. Mead intended the concept of i to capture spontaneous, immediate aspect of conduct. Source of impulse involves an acting subject becoming aware of environment and object which actions needs to be directed. Once you are aware me" phase. The individual is constantly shifting back and forth between the two phases. Constant alternation between impulse (i) and a reflection (me) How human beings control their conduct. With each successive me" every interaction there are expectations. Mead humans are more than conforming creatures. See yourself from the vantage point of the other. The i cannot conduct behaviour without the other. We know ourselves indirectly and know ourselves socially. We are familiar with situations and know what we are doing/expect/what is forbidden.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers