THEO 206 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Antiochus Iv Epiphanes, Christian Philosophy, Antigonid Dynasty

147 views3 pages
15 Mar 2016
Department
Course

Document Summary

Why study the greek legacy: the books about jesus were all written in greek, early christians did this so that they could convey their message of salvation to many people: i. Greek being the most common language at the time. Hellenism (hellada = greece: hellenism is the blend of greece and the orient that arose in the wake of alexander the. Seleucids (ruled over babylonia, syria and palestine). i. ii. iii: they all contributed to the spread of greek culture, the spread of hellenism by alexander, hellenism included: Ideals of administration i. ii: warfare iv. v. vi. vii. viii. ix. Philosophy: hellenism was effectively spread by roman emperor augustus, who made romans the patrons of hellenism, there was a mixture of roman and greek unity after augustus. Lesson 4: the greek legacy: actual rejection of hellenism in palestine took place after 50 bce and was completed in. 7. i. the jewish wars of 66 and 135 ce.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers