Fall 2015

Department
Health and Life Sciences
Course Code
ECE1065
Professor
Conestoga
Lecture

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 4 pages of the document.


 
 

 
!!""#$%!
 !!$&'
 (
)*!%#"%"
+",$-%!!
".
+'/0
)"
"1!
 ("1!..2
 1""1!"1!$"&
+ 3"!&"!4'5#&&"6$
!7"3""
!&8#
"99!$%&"1!
!!
(!
)*!&
:1!"!"
&!"1!#%%
%*
;1!%'#%
!""#!$
"
<!"%"1"
:%&#&!&&"!$
"
&!!"!"1!!&

:!"%"1!"!&%
"&"!"!
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Witness Interviews Quantity + Quality 1. Quantity 2. Different types Witness interviews help form RG Types of Line-ups:  We cannot force an individual to take part in a line up, he must give consent. 1. Live Line-up  live line-ups rarely occur anymore, but still exist 2. Photo Line-up  Sophonow Inquiry case where a guy killed a girl in a donut shop with twine  3 and a half years in jail, sent home with 2.5 million for a wrongful conviction  Determined that we have at least 10 people in a lineup 3x4 = 12 photos What Stavrous used for line-ups 2 types of identification: 1. Positive identification  100% sure 2. Qualified identification  not positive identification, not admissible 3. Video Line up  can be used in court (ex. Bank robbery video), must prove continuity from the moment it was seized. Video line-ups are used when the suspect refuses to be apart of a live line-up. You may take a video/measurements/pictures, this power given by the identification of criminals act. Process of line-ups  Show people sequentially the pictures to eliminate bias.  An officer who is not involved in the case should show the witness the line- up because we do not want the officer knowing who is guilty to eliminate narrowing questions  Officer who is showing the line-up will explain that they are not working on the case and that they do not know who the suspect is in the line-up, if you identify the person point him out to me  Flip the picture over and log the time that the photo was identified  Also log it in your notebook because you will be subpoenaed to court, if it is not in your notes it never happened.  The photos become physical evidence after identification of suspect by witness.  After recording the time of identification you will put it in an evidence bag and it will be used as physical evidence. Chain of custody/ continuity  making sure no one has altered with physical evidence. Interview process  You must not used leading questions  Leading Questions  a question that influences a certain answer. (Example Did you see the gun?) You are implying that there was a gun  (Example Did you see a gun?) Misleading Question  a confusing question that leads the witness to an answer. Say a suspect was 25 years old and you ask:  Was the suspect 60 years old? (WRONG)  How old was the suspect? (RIGHT) Closed ended questions  only focus on one fact in issue.  Used to clarify at the end of an interview (clarification at the end of an interview) Open ended questions  focus on multiple facts in issue, gives them the chance to say whatever they want. Order of Questions  bank robbery suspect, saw 2 p
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

You've reached the limit of 4 previews this month

Create an account for unlimited previews.

Already have an account?

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit