PSYO 2220 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Toilet Training, Emotional Dysregulation, Antisocial Personality Disorder

24 views10 pages

Document Summary

Affect = range, intensity, and changeability of emotions and emotional responsiveness. Behaviors = ability to control impulses and interaction with others. Cognition = perceptions and interpretation of events, other people and self. *people with personality disorders are not able to control the abc"s. Those diagnosed with personality disorders are often diagnosed with an axis i disorder; which in other words is comorbidity (presence of two different conditions). Either axis i is developed or axis i is the cause for developing a personality disorder. The various disorders overlap each other so much that it is difficult to distinguish from one to another. Concerns about validity and reliability are a concern due to the lack of agreement between clinicians. Clusters of personality disorders: paranoid (0. 5% 4. 5%), schizoid (< 1%), schizo-typal. *people with these disorders display behaviors similar to, but not as extensive as schizophrenia.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers