1. Customer service: Anything we do for the customer that enhances the
Ultimate Goal = Customer Satisfaction
Customer Satisfaction: The customer’s overall feeling of contentment with
a customer interaction.
• Satisfaction may develop quickly or over a period of time
• Customer satisfaction is subjective and varies amongst different people.
2. What is/are the difference(s) between customer expectations and
perceptions? Customer Expectations: Our personal vision of the result that will come from
Customer Perceptions: The way we see something based on our experience.
3. List examples of customer service.
Free car wash with fill-up
Calling the customer by name
Easy return policy
Updated map of the area or GPS in rental cars
A doctor calling you back to see how you are feeling after a professional
Showing the customer that you care
Empathy in handling customer complaints and questions
Illustrations of encouragement
Suggesting a less expensive option
4. Why Is Excellent Customer Service so Rare? Customer service is rare because it requires two things that the average
person and organization are unwilling to commit to: spending money and
Exceptional customer service = Skills + Assessment of current customer
service + Updated policies + empowerment + adequate technology +
measurement/Evaluation + Good Attitude.
5. What are the 5 needs of customers?
(1)SERVICE : should be appropriate to level & type of purchase
(2)PRICE : homogenous vs differentiate products
(3)QUALITY : durable & functional products
(4)ACTION : customers like to feel that they are taken seriously
(5)Appreciation: Customer need to be acknowledged.
6. What is/are the difference(s) between external and internal customers?
• Customers we do business with outside our organization.
• It is impossible to satisfy external customers without first satisfying internal
• The people we work with throughout our organization.
• HR focuses on these individuals.
• By satisfying our internal customers, we are creating an excellent
foundation to begin meeting our external customers’ needs
6. What are some of customers’ attributes