Friday September 14, 2012
- Outer boundary adjacent to the cell wall
- Encloses the cytoplasm
- Have “Protein” passageways
- Phospholipids - Water Soluble
- Water insoluble
- helping maintain a moist .______
- contains the genetic info for the plant (DNA).
- 2 – 15 micrometers in size
- Inner & outer membrane
- Outer membrane – connected to the E.R.
- Basically contains 2 membranes, and has an inner and outer membrane. Has
these pores that are present covering the surface of the nucleus.
- Produces DNA
- Connects to endoplasmic reticulum
- If it has granular substances on its surface = rough endoplasmic reticulum
- Ribosomes protein synthesis
- windy bunch of membrane
- system of membranes large surface area = efficiency of operation
- synthesizing materials needed for cell metabolism
- if ribosomes are present Rough E.R.
- protein synthesis
- found in cytoplasm, E.R., mitochondria, chloroplasts
- involved in modification of carbohydrates
- pinched off vesicles transported where needed in the cell
- Post-office of cell
- Involved in metabolic activities. Friday