Monday September 24, 2012
- Diploid organism – 2N – Female + Male
- Meiosis - 2N – n (½ # of chromosome)
- will produce gametes haploid fertilization return to the 2n stage
o Division 1 chromosome # is reduced by ½
2 Essentially mitotic division
o Chromosome from each parent pair up
o Each chromosome has 2 chromatids
o Have 4 chromatids in total Tetrad complex
o Nucleus & nucleolus disappear
o Have synpasis occur crossing over of chromosomes
o Exchange of genetic material
o Location of cross- over Chiasmata
- Chromosome pairs line up along the equator.
- Spindle is visible
- One chromosome from each homologous pair migrates to the poles.
- Chromatids are held by the centromere.
- Chromosomes become elongated
- Nuclear envelope produced
- Interphase Production of material required for divisio