BIOL 1116 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Glycosidic Bond, Direct Product, Covalent Bond
9 views3 pages
Biological Molecules (Part I)
Four Classes of Biological Molecules:
- Storage, structure, metabolism, signaling
- Energy and insulation
- Amino acid (20) needed for proteins
- Structure, signaling, defense and transport
4. Nucleic acid
- Ex: DNA and RNA
=> Long term information storage molecule and transport
* Direct product of photosynthesis.
* Range from small sugar to large polysaccharides (long polymers
* Most abundant molecule.