Business Management
Course
BUSM 1100
Professor
K.Hall
Semester
Winter

Description
Making Interviews Work  Decide who will be involved and develop selection criteria  Specify “musts” and “wants”; weight the “wants”  Determine assessment strategies and develop evaluation form  Develop interview questions to be asked of all candidates  Develop candidate-specific questions Interview Questions  Situational o What would you do if…  Behavioural o Tell me about a time when…  Tell me 3 strengths and how you’ve demonstrated them  Tell me 3 weaknesses you have and what you’re doing about them AVOID yes/no questions Structuring Effective Interview  Plan the interview  Establish rapport  Ask pre-planned questions; take notes  Close the interview  Review notes; evaluate candidate against agreed selection criteria Step 4: Background Investigation/Reference Checking  Obtain written permission  Basic Background check o Criminal record o Verify education and experience o Credit check  Reference checking o Performance-related references from past supervi
More Less

Related notes for BUSM 1100

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit