BUSM 1100 Lecture Notes - Background Check, Credit Score, Criminal Record

24 views6 pages
10 May 2013
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Decide who will be involved and develop selection criteria. Specify musts and wants ; weight the wants . Determine assessment strategies and develop evaluation form. Develop interview questions to be asked of all candidates. Situational: what would you do if . Behavioural: tell me about a time when . Tell me 3 strengths and how you"ve demonstrated them. Tell me 3 weaknesses you have and what you"re doing about them. Review notes; evaluate candidate against agreed selection criteria. Basic background check: criminal record, verify education and experience, credit check. Reference checking: performance-related references from past supervisors, used structured form, top 7 resume lies. Job title, dates of employment, salary level. Step 5: supervisory interview and realistic job preview. Supervisor best qualified to assess job knowledge and skills. Supervisor must feel comfortable with new hire. Supervisor can assess fit with current team. Realistic job preview provide realistic info about the job.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers