A Decade of Policy Experimentation.docx
3 pages100 viewsSummer 2008
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
A Decade of Policy Experimentation
● Policy lessons reg’ unwanted immigration “are negative ones”
○ no evidence that trippling border enforcement resources have
“created an effective deterrent to unauthorised migrants”
○ by contrast, “significant” consequences are in abundance
● Why does this failed policy exist despite its continual failed efficacy?
● how much illegal immigration is ACTUALLY unwated? And how many
of these policies/incentives actually GENERATE illegaility (as
opposed to deter it?)
● lack of consensus in American public in regards to attitudes towards
immigrants & levels of immigration.
○ contradictory views: Americans polled to believe that
immigrants drive down wages and compete with domestic
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version
Loved by over 2.2 million students
Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.