Europe in 1750
1. The Structure of the Old Regime
* Ancièn Regime - older monarchy (social and political system).
- Built under the rule of Kings and Queens.
- "Divine Rights" => monarch ruled by divine rights.
=> God put the word in motion.
=> God put some people in position of power.
=> Power is given by God.
=> No one can question Hod or someone put in power by
=> Questioning monarchy is blasphemy because it meant
2. Five European Power
- Paris => New York, the Capital of the Greatest power.
- Louis XIV (1643-1715) or Louis the Great.
=> "I am the state"
=> Ruler of Absolute Monarchy - a government ruled by a
monarch; the monarch is the head of the state and government
which is led by a person who inherited power by birth.
=> Absolutism - absolute power where the king all have
the power; established in order to terminate challenging the
royal power by the mob or the nobility.
- Large population, large empire and strong economy.
- Contain the largest army and second largest navy in the
beginning of 18th century.