HIST 1124 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Combination Act 1799, Luddite, Proletariat
61 views3 pages
Growth of Organized Labor
* Less pay to workers resulted less profits.
* Capitalism - economic system where things such as property
were owned by a person and not by the government.
=> Industrial capitalism (invest money to the capital
that are being used for machines, workers, etc.
* Benefit of big profit was money were much available to the
people => rich society.
* Consumer Revolution
=> New system will result more people are consumers =>
benefit the system.
* Required the INDUSTRIAL WORKERS not Skilled Workers.
=> "Industrial Working Class" proletariat.
* Recreation of "Guild" system (a collective organization for
* Labor workers oppose to capitalism.
* Formed industrial organization in order to benefit the members.
1. Mutual support => will pay for health care, etc.
2. Looking for concessions => safety.
* State Union won the right of "collective bargaining" => the
right to strike.
Early Labor Associations
1. Skilled Workers
- Guild members do not like free-market because they believed in