HIST 1124 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Noblesse Oblige
46 views3 pages
- Louis XVIII (1814 - 24); Charles X (1824 - 30) (Bourbon).
- In 1814, the Charter of Liberty and Chamber of Deputies were
- Conservative Kings and Liberals.
- July 1830, the Chamber of Deputies were dissolved.
- People violently revolt against Charles X.
- Louis- Philippe (1830 - 48) => Duke of Ordēans.
=> Harbor Liberal politically sympathetic.
=> "Bourgeio King"
=> Francois Guizot said to "Enrich yourselves" (business
of people is to make money).
- In 1815, creation of "Kingdom of Neanderthals" (as buffer zone
for military protection).
- Two major political parties:
- In 1830, independence fight between Dutch and Belgium
- Leopold I (1831 - 65), King of Belgium.
- Constitution monarchy (inspired by Europeans).