the step by step procedure for measuring blood pressure.docx
the step by step procedure for measuring blood pressure.
1) Measure the circumference of the subject's arm to determine what size
cuff to use
2) Wrap the deflated cuff around the subject's arm (1inch above elbow joint).
Place the rubber bag over the inner arm, with arrows placed over the
brachial artery to ensure proper positioning. Attach the manometer to the
3) Locate the brachial artery by gently pressing down on medial edge of the biceps tendon to feel it pulse. The stethoscope should be placed directly
over the brachial artery.
4) Get familiar with the sounds by pumping up the bag to approximately 100
mm Hg pressure, and hearing the tapping noises.
5) With the stethoscope in place, raise the pressure in the bag by
approximately 30 mm