Psychology
Course
PSYC 1115
Professor
C.Rawn
Semester
Winter

Description
Psych 100 th February 27 2013 Hidden Messages behind words and ads  Cheating or not cheating  Blaming the victim  cognitive dissonance  Persuasion techniques getting someone to do/believe/feel what you want them to do/believe/feel face-to-face techniques: foot-in-the-door and door-in-the-face advertising techniques: routes to persuasion: central vs. peripheral  Foot in-the-door-phenomenon: people who agree to a small action tend to comply later to a larger one based on commitment consistency increasing size of request would you mind lending me $2 for a coffee? Then, would you mind lending me $10 for lunch? Then, would you mind lending me your favourite outfit? Then, would you mind lending me your car for the evening? get foot in door, build up  Door in the face: start with such a big request, get door in face start with car, end with $2 for coffee by comparison to original request, the final request is harmless, inconsequential risk people’s commitment to ‘no’  Persuasion in advertising exposed to 300+ ads everyday ads differ in approach leads to Elaboration Likelihood Model (ELM) 1. Central route [elaboration is likely]
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 1115

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit