SOCI-100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Hong Kong Disneyland, Per Capita Income, Fusion Cuisine

34 views4 pages
24 Nov 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Globalization: globalization worldwide exchange of money, goods, and services as well as the socio-cultural changes that occur with increasing trade and human contact. Transform from nationality to globality i. e. , (cid:862)the greater i(cid:374)ter(cid:272)o(cid:374)(cid:374)e(cid:272)ted(cid:374)ess of the (cid:449)orld(cid:859)s people(cid:863: historically trade routes, migration 19th-century technological developments, post second world war. Transnational political and financial institutions (e. g. , world trade organization wto, Economic : expanded markets, flexible production (global assembly line), concentration of economic power (44 of the top 100 economies in the world are corporations, not countries) Political : declining power of nation-states: power is transferred : upward to international organizations -downward= regional trade bodies, global cities, global civil society. Physical migration, internet, electronic communication, marketing of consumer products. Globalization of production will bring employment to the developing world. Co(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)i(cid:272)atio(cid:374) te(cid:272)h(cid:374)ologies i(cid:374)(cid:272)rease people(cid:859)s k(cid:374)o(cid:449)ledge: alternative ways of living, greater tolerance. Transnational institutions have helped support development in many countries. Developing nations that opened up to trade experienced more growth in their economies.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers