Elementary Education
Course
EDEE 260
Professor
Paul Kettner
Semester
Winter

Description
Case Study Plan Vanessa McKellar 260481915 th February 5 , 2014 Situation: During lunch hour, I will be reading with a grade five (male) student at an  elementary school where I completed my last field experience.  This student is a very  weak reader, reading at about a grade 1­2 level. The sessions will be once a week and I  will be there with him for approximately 1 hour, but the reading sessions will be about 40  minutes long. I will be doing this about 5 times during the next semester (I may add  additional sessions if I feel that I need more time). Focus:  ­ To find out what types of books this student is most interested in reading ­ To find out what motivates him to read ­ To help create strategies that will help him decode words and read with greater  fluency Proposed Intervention: I will use diagnostic tests/ tools to determine the student’s  interests as well as level, and will also be teaching him certain strategies to decode words.  Short descriptio
More Less

Related notes for EDEE 260

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit