MGCR 352 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Consumerism, Consumer Protection, Disposable And Discretionary Income

32 views2 pages

Document Summary

Chap 3: scanning the marketing environment: the importance of environmental scanning. The process of continually acquiring information on events occurring outside the organization to identify and interpret potential trends is called environmental scanning. The key to environmental scanning is not only identifying the trends but also determi(cid:374)i(cid:374)g (cid:449)hy it"s occurring. The social forces of the environment include the demographic characteristics of the pop and its values: demographics. The study of the characteristics of a human pop including the pop size, growth rate, ge(cid:374)der, eth(cid:374)i(cid:272)ity, i(cid:374)(cid:272)o(cid:373)e : culture. Incorporates the set of values, ideas and attitudes that are learned and shared among the members of a group. Demographic information helps describe the world pop , the canadian pop , generational cohorts* and ethnic diversity. Ethnic diversity has led to ethnic marketing programs in canada. Canada indicate that many individuals are suffering from time poverty and are more interested in health problem.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers