MIMM 214 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Antigen-Presenting Cell, Mhc Class Ii, Mhc Class I

39 views4 pages

Document Summary

Major histocompatibility complex = cluster of genes that code for molecules involved in ag presentation to t-cells. In humans, it is known as the hla complex (human. How are innate immune mechanisms linked to adaptive. The key cell is the dendritic cell, the primary and most potent apc, resident in tissues i. e. in skin langerhan"s cells. Uniquely positioned at the bridge between innate and adaptive immunity. They pick up antigen then move to regional lymph nodes to present antigen to t-cells. Most adaptive immune responses require activation of t-cells, i. e. t-cell dependent responses (essential) Mhc restriction: t-cells can only recognize peptide fragments of the ag bound to self molecules of the major. These pmhc complexes are expressed on the plasma membrane of self antigen-presenting cells (apcs) In mice, it is called the h-2 complex. In rats, it is called rla complex. Every mammal has a mhc complex i. e. sla for swine. Mhc genes are divided in 2 main classes:

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers