NUR1 239 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Port-Wine Stain, Basal-Cell Carcinoma, Xeroderma Pigmentosum

95 views6 pages
30 Nov 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

If pt denied, look for consistancy of the answer. Assess mucous membranes, previous venipuncture sites, or lesions. Purpura- hemorrhage in skin, mucous membrane and internal organs. Med: coumadin, leafy vegetable, recent injuty, accidence, trauma, heparin induce thrombocytonia. Nevus flammeus- congenital purple stain (head/neck)- port wine mark/stain. Not need to memorize, just need to know that is vascularity. Assess arrangement or grouping: localized, regionalized, or generalized. Note if palpable or non palpable if any exudate present. Cyst (encapsulated fluid-filled or semi-solid mass in the subcutaneous tissue or dermis) Scenario -working with the triage nurse in an acute care clinic. Ulcer: loss of epidermis and dermis, concave depressed lesion. I. e. , ul(cid:272)erati(cid:374)g (cid:271)asal (cid:272)ell (cid:272)ar(cid:272)i(cid:374)o(cid:373)a (does(cid:374)"t heal, used to fi(cid:374)d i(cid:374) su(cid:374) explosed area: teaching about suncream; Use of hats, visors, gloves, long sleeves or pants, sunscreens when exposed to the sun. Very hot ambient temperature- high risk for young and elderly. Note the presence of fluid accumulation in the intercellular spaces.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers