NUR1 319 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Hypovolemia, Organ Transplantation

25 views4 pages
11 May 2016
Department
Course

Document Summary

Powerless, helplessness, dependency, vulnerability, inability to speak (need voice), loss of self-control. More patients are dying in the icu setting as a result of transition in the goals of care. Failure to explain medical ethics and palliative care. Depression & post-traumatic stress syndrome for family members. Life sustaining strategies when curative doesn"t give positive outcome anymore. Honoring the patient and the family wishes. Changing the goals of care: extreme level of stress, comprehension issues and misunderstanding info, diagnosis, new responsibilities. Person i want to make decisions about my care when i cannot. Care & tx i want and do not want. What i want my loved ones to know. Lack of information and knowledge of impending death. Nursing in eol: listening, collaborate, finding common ground, setting goals on creating healing environments, compassionate caring for physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual. Implication of nursing practice: isolation, little support, increased emotional burden, discouragement and exhaustion, frustration, silence, anger, guilt, despair.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers