NUR1 320 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Mutation, Haematopoiesis

39 views4 pages

Document Summary

Cancer is a loss of proliferative control, cancer cells will continue to grow and loose capacity to differentiate. Carcinogenic factors: heredity, hormonal factors, virus, environmental agents, radiation, immune system diseases. Impact of diagnosis: 5-6 stages of grief, fear, anger, anxiety, denial, depression, helplessness, guilt. Navigate the maze of health care, test, terminology, all information. Interventions: p(cid:396)ese(cid:374)(cid:272)e very powerful, a(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e liste(cid:374)ing (attentive listening) : take time, eye contact, do not normalize, no(cid:396)(cid:373)alizi(cid:374)g, refle(cid:272)ti(cid:374)g, ref(cid:396)a(cid:373)i(cid:374)g, rei(cid:374)fo(cid:396)(cid:272)i(cid:374)g, validate. Fatigue: promote sleep routine/hygiene, promote exercise 3 x /week, relaxation, prioritize daily activities, energy conservation. Hematopoiesis*the process of blood cell growth, division & differentiation. Hematopoiesis begins with a basic cell; the pluripotent hematopoietic stem cell. Ca(cid:374)"t fight i(cid:374)fe(cid:272)tio(cid:374), o(cid:448)e(cid:396)(cid:272)(cid:396)o(cid:449)di(cid:374)g, rbc & platelets have no space. Lymphoma: proliferation of malignant lymphocytes, collection in lymph nodes. Prevent normal production of antibodies to fight infection. Chronic myeloid leukemia : overproduction of immature wbc = bone marrow crowding.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers