Philosophy (430)
PHIL 367 (23)

PHIL 367 - Lecture (Jan. 30th)

3 Pages
Unlock Document

McGill University
PHIL 367
Susan Judith Hoffmann

thJanuary 30Incomplete SystemThe I asserts its freedom action and the I is determined and limited by the objective world external reality yet it acts upon that world it also determines that world and changes it This is how the I satisfies its desire and natural impulse to manifest and assert its freedomBut the I in its endless striving would only be completely and wholly satisfied in practise in completely overcoming changing appropriating objectivity as a whole Therefore the I would only achieve satisfaction by becoming the Absolute I Philosophical problem for the I to be Absolute there would be no consciousness for there would be nothing left for the I to be conscious of There would be nothing left of the Egos absoluteness In an absolute state there would no longer be content nor objectivity The individual finite Is desire to wholly appropriate objectivity is in some sense the annihilation of reason Fichte may recognize this as a problem but would note that the Finite I is incapable of doing this Such a state would be beyond all determination so
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 367

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.