POLI 244 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Manifest Destiny, Investment, Social Darwinism

22 views5 pages

Document Summary

Anarchy: structural realism survival of the fittest, anarchy is the starting point, self-centered rational actors, great powers come and go. Facilitate it: i. e. european union until greece, un and league of nations were built to facilitate cooperation, care about the process of ir. How you consider ir changes influences the why and the what you do. Multiplicity of interests how well off citizens are jobs, income, clean water, etc: wider agenda, other actors about trade, economics, global warming, ozone layer not just security. Multinational cooporations (bp, apple, sony) their impacts on these countries non-governmental organizations (greenpeace, amnesty international, Imperialism: definition - to expand in your territory and take the territory of others, example european expansion, actors and interests, who"s interested in expansion, which actors matter, liberal approach: corporations. Small powerful groups watned expansion i. e. small countries trying to get resources (i. e. Small powerful groups watned expansion i. e. small countries trying to get resources (i. e. sri lanka for tea farms,

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers