PRV4 144 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Escheat, Condition Subsequent, Determinative

59 views4 pages

Document Summary

One month later x grants to b and his heirs. X retains reversion in fee simple for a month then grants b a remainder in fee simple. Devise: x devises to a, x devises to a and her heirs, x devises to a for life. It is not something i am hoping to get in the future. It is something i have right now: all estates are present estates, future interests are not estates. The residue is the re(cid:373)ai(cid:374)der that you did(cid:374)"t (cid:373)e(cid:374)tio(cid:374) i(cid:374) the (cid:449)ill: when you create a life estate, the fee simple has to go someone. He does(cid:374)"t get it, (cid:271)ut it has to go somewhere. So if he has a will, follow it. Otherwise, we have an impartial intestacy and it goes to the intestacy heirs. If you ha(cid:448)e (cid:374)o heirs at all, it goes to the state (cid:894)es(cid:272)heat(cid:895). This is (cid:449)he(cid:374) the cro(cid:449)(cid:374)"s underlying ownership is not purely theoretical.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers