Premium

2 Pages

Department
Psychology
Course Code
PSYC 211
Professor
Yogita Chaudasama

This preview shows 80% of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Page: of

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Lecture #19 Anatomy on the Eye (I) - the cornea is the outer, front layer of the eye. It is transparent and admits light, sensitive to day time and night time - the iris is a pigmented ring of muscle - the lens consists of several transparent layers. The ciliary muscles can change the shape of the lens which increases the size of the pupil to allow the eye to focus depending on how much light the lens is letting the pupil take in, a process known as accommodation - the pupil regulates the amount of light entering the eye. It is an opening in the iris - the sclera is opaque and does not permit entry of light - conjunctiva is a mucous membranes that line the eye and merges with the inside if the eyelids Anatomy of the Eye (II) - the interior lining of the is the retina - photoreceptors called rods (sensitive to low light intensityà vision in the dark) and cones (essential for color vision, therefore useful in bright light and daytime vision) are located in the retina - light passed though the lens and crossed the vitreous humor, a clear, gelatinous fluid - the central region of the retina is the fovea. It contains the highest number of cones - site of blind spot is the point at which the optic nerve exists through the back of the eye. It has no receptors and therefore there is no vision The Route within the Retina - light passes through transparent cells and stimulate the photoreceptors located at the back of the eye - photoreceptors then send messages to bipolar and ganglion cells located closer to the center of the eye - the ganglion cells’ axons loop around each other and travel back to the brain - optic nerve is connected to the retina and is comprised of various number of cell bodies, retinas and photoreceptors - the receptors send their messages to bipolar and horizontal cells, which in turn send messages to the amacrine and ganglion cells. The axon
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only 80% of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit