Premium

8 Pages

Department
Psychology
Course Code
PSYC 211
Professor
Jonathan Britt

This preview shows pages 1-2 and half of page 3. Sign up to view the full 8 pages of the document.
Page: of

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Lecture 2: If textbook stresses the key word and he covers it in course, pay attention it will be on exam. Rene Descartes Visiting these royal gardens and he saw a moving statue and the story he tells it that it was dark and couldnt see clearly and on the corner of the eye someone moved but it was a statue. Brain works as a mechanical device instead of cylindersmuscles Water pipes nerves He dissected the brain and noticed that most of the structures are bilateral and structual and brain nucleus Pineal body center of brain and comes down in the pool of water in the middle of the brain Only structure in the brain that there is only one of In the center with all this fluid Moving the pineal bodies is what controls all of the movement The world is a mechanical entity True in humans too with reactions First general model put forward of how the brain can work as a mechanical machine Luigi Galvani Interested in electricity using it and saying what if I shocked different part or animals Playing outside with electricity Movement must mean electrical device Electrical current can flow through wires Someone actually measuring the speed of impulses and currents use a device named after Galvani Galvanometer Speed conduction in the nerve Hearing and vision fast nerve fibers Some like pain transmission is one of the slowest transmissions in the body Sensation of heat and pain at the same time and pain takes a longer time to reach the brain Johannes Muller
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only pages 1-2 and half of page 3 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit