PSYC 471 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Graduate School, Substance Abuse, Longitudinal Study

23 views7 pages

Document Summary

All achievement oriented: evaluative climate, multiple roles. Research, ta, etc: all took the mmpi and scored very high on mental illnesses, must be from the high-stress environment of grad school. Sheldon and krieger"s description of the life of a lawyer: rates are much higher among lawyers, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, career dissatisfaction, divorce. What we"re not telling law students and lawyers that they really ought to know: some thoughts toward revitalizing the profession from its roots 1998. The hidden sources of law school stress: avoiding the mistakes that create unhappy and unprofessional lawyers 2005. Intrinsic vs. extrinsic aspirations: motivation for law school goals. I felt my choices were based on my true interests and values . I felt close and connected to other people who are important to me : perception of autonomy support. Most instructors provide me with choices and options . Feel able to share my feelings with most of my teachers .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers