Class Notes (834,971)
Canada (508,836)
Kinesiology (1,408)
Lecture

Growth Extra notes.docx

1 Page
96 Views
Unlock Document

Department
Kinesiology
Course
KINESIOL 2F03
Professor
Cameron Blimkie
Semester
Fall

Description
- those who fall between -2 and – 3; 80% of these are considered normal variance (normal), the other 20% considered abnormal who hover between 2 – 10 percentile - understand percentile threshold in bell curve and how they relate to SD - i.e + 2 = 97.1% percentile, - 2 = 2.1% percentile - 1 or 2 q that are mathematic equations - small fer gestational age = 75% babies considered small b.c inherited short stature gene from parents, other 25% = 10-15% due to maternal placental problems, 5-10% teratogen, 5 genetics problems - segmental growth = i.e arms of Michael phelps, could be race factor, some ethnic differences in body composition - monozygotic twins/di
More Less

Related notes for KINESIOL 2F03

Log In


OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Sign up

Join to view


OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.


Submit