What is psychology?
- Different types of method of research to study and test on development.
• Psychology – mental health/freud counselling/
• Amode to understand individual thoughts + behaviour
• Research learning &memory, cognition, social psychology, personality and psychopathology.
- uses scientific method to ask questions about human behaviour.
• Levels ofAnalysis
o Any theory must be able to generate testable questions
o These questions can be generated from different levels of analysis
Exp: Infant and mother's different perspective onto a certain question.
Learning, Cognition, Neuroscience, Social, Evolutionary/Development
Learning: Ivan Pavlov – Dog salvation example. [Dog conditioned with
salvation and sound and food sources: a type of classical conditioning]
Cognition: thoughts. Language, attention, problem solving (based on
Neuroscience: psychological process occurring in the brain. Invasive, non-
invasive methods. (fmri, mri, eeg)