- Evidence of malleability, variability in women.
Adams and Turner -Asked adults aged 65-80 to report their current masturbating frequency and how often they bated in their
- Results: Women’s masturbating frequency increased more then women's.
Ard - asked couples who were married for at least 20 years to report how much they felt, their spouses sexual attitudes changed
during the course. 12% of husbands said their wives changed, while 6% of wives said their husbands changed.
Kinsey scale measures sexual orientation on 6 point scale.
- Mens are either 6’s or they are 0’s.
- More women claim to be 0’s, but there is more of a spread in women as well.
Gay women are more likely than gay men to shift around
- Men are less likely then women to have had either straight sex or a straight relationship.
- 43% of women who had identified as lesbian, later have heterosex relationship, more shifting in women, not in men.
- Women who identify as straight are more likely then men who identify straight to have gay sex.
- Prison sex - women in prison are far more likely then men to have consensual sexual relationships. 50% of women in prisons
had consensual sex. EVEN though men are more likely then women to self-identify as gay. (5% men, 1-3% women)
- Swingers - recruit wingers to tell them about their sexual behaviour. Unmarried swingers vs. married swingers.
- Women are more likely to be trying this out in unmarried swingers. In married swingers, 75% women do same sex oral sex,
and barely any for men.