Death and Dying 2M03E- September 30 , 2013
3 Theories on Death and Life
- The “they”.
- We know nothing about death.
2. Bio Medical
- We care for ourselves- turns into a medical care
- Angst are deemed to be unhealthy and bad and are to be avoided
- Pursue of a life of wealth, safety, and conformity
- How life and death are connected intimately
- The life of a human being is to be found in our death
- Way of the Samurai= to everyday see yourself as dead (Important!).
Who Wants To Be A Samurai?
-Samurai life= life in devotion to something separate from yourself.
-Essentially being a servant and this is the highest calling for an individual.
-Truth and acceptance of death is the only way to live a proper life full of dignity (relationship to
-Offers us the advice that we forget about ourselves in order to be ourselves.
-Basic theory: detachment from ourselves.
-Theme: to live a good life and pure life you must die to yourself.
-Negligence has become prevalent
-The way of the Samurai is found in death
-We all want to live
-To die without completing one’s aim is not shameful
Death of Attention
-Start your day off by saying “I don’t mat