Lecture 20 – April 2d
• Importance of helping others, by political selfplacement (%)
o Graph – found on avenue
o Is the relationship statistically significant?
o Can we generalize/infer the finding to the population?
o Significance = 0.01 (i.e., 99% certain this relationship is true in the population)
o If significant = 0.05 we are 95% certain the relationship is true in the population
• Multivariate Analysis: elaboration model
o Why do we multivariate analysis?
1) Provide more complete explanations
2) Explore causality:
• Is there covariation between the variables?
• Is there a causal sequence between X and Y?
• Can spuriousness be ruled out?