PLSC 2231 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Constitution Act, 1982, Liberal Democracy, Representative Democracy

42 views2 pages

Document Summary

Enumerates the guiding principles of society, its political structures and governing institutions. Convey the fundamental (supreme) laws by which authority and power are structured. Define who and what exercises political/legal authority, and the institutions and processes involved in exercising this authority. Is that a set of special legal documents that define the institutions of governing. The sectio(cid:374)s/clauses of these docu(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts take legal precede(cid:374)ce aka they"re supre(cid:373)e i(cid:374) law. Include amending procedures: special rules to follow if the wording in the constitution is going to be changed. 5 major sources of ca(cid:374)ada"s co(cid:374)stitutio(cid:374)al authority: formal constitutional documents the constitution acts and all the various other acts, schedules and amendments that go along with them. I. e. the constitution act 1964 added section 94 subsection a to the c. a 1867 aka old age pensions: statutes laws passed by legislatures. i. e. the law that created alberta 1905 is a constitutional rule. They are unwritten so they cannot be enforced in court.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers