SCTM-3002 Lecture 2: Physical Ergonomics

57 views3 pages

Document Summary

Ergonomics the concern with the fit between bodies, surroundings, furnishing and environment. Rich in supply of blood + blood vessels pass through bones. Bones stop growing in length around 25. Bones and skeletal systems perform: support supports soft tissue and provides attachment points for tendons; structural, protection protects internal organs, i. e. ribcage protects stomach; skull protects brain. To act as a shock absorber as opposed to being straight and stiff. Three types; fibrous joints (very little movement, i. e. skull, teeth), cartilaginous joints (slight movement, i. e. vertebrae), synovial joints (free moving) Bones rack up mileage, shock absorbing pads age out. Involuntary muscles keep going other of your control, i. e. heart, muscles that help to breath. Small muscles tire more than larger muscles, causing other muscles to compensate. Neck, shoulder (delts, 3 heads), upper arm, back, abdominal, oblique abdominal, glutes (butt muscles), quadriceps and hamstrings (front and back leg muscles)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers