ARTH 253 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Andrea Pozzo, Post And Lintel, Northern Italy

54 views7 pages

Document Summary

Part id (10 images), part comparison (2 images) Only put place (city) in architecture pieces or if it says it on the slide list. Andrea pozzo, perspectiva pictorum et architectorum (rome 1693-1700) 2 members of religious orders who wrote books on archi in late baroque era. Serlina (palladian motif) = arched opening flanked by trabeated (vertical element and a horizontal element) openings. With gothic it is more structured than baroque. Borromini pushed the envelope so far on the scale of architecture in his time. Borro(cid:373)i(cid:374)i hated (cid:272)olours i(cid:374) his (cid:272)hur(cid:272)hes he hated (cid:373)ar(cid:271)le, fres(cid:272)o . He wanted the viewers to focus on the architecture. Covering up his architecture is like ruining it. He wanted to get rid of as much wall as he could and fill it with columns and niches. Loves complicated coffering, he adds a lot of strange shapes, not like the. *francesco borromini, s ivo alla sapienza, rome, 1642-52.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers