BIOL 103 Lecture Notes - Enteropeptidase, Dipeptidase, Trypsin

15 views5 pages

Document Summary

Autotrophs organisms which harvest light or chemical energy and stores it in carbon compounds. Heterotrophs organisms which must get complex nutrients from the environment through consuming other organisms i. e. bread mould uses extracellular digestion. Extracellular digestion fungi can get nutrients from dead, or alive organic matter and can even take the form of predators (athlete"s foot, mould and nematode, respectively). Intracellular digestion i. e. protozoa: simple ,singe cell through phagocytosis, the organic compound/food go into the food vacuole and is digested within the cell any undigested material is released through exocytosis. Homework: know parts of digestive system humans do not have the enzymes to break down plant material (i. e. cellulase) Milk took a plasmid and inserted it with met, leu and lys plasmid was inserted into the bacteria, so it produces cellulose and a milk protein high in those three amino acids. Homework: read about crops, the gizzard and the stomach (pg.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers