CLST 340 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Quintus Caecilius Metellus Pius, Cisalpine Gaul, Porta Collina

31 views3 pages

Document Summary

Believed he was blessed by the gods. Consul in 88: licinius crassus (dives) Became the richest man in rome through some military deals: caecilius metellus pius. Wanted to get his father from exile. Gave citizenship to everyone south of the po river. First cousin of metellus pius: tullius cicero. First member of his family in the senate and consul: julius caesar. Born around 100-44 b. c: cornelius chrysognonus. By 100 b. c asia and sulicia, transapline gaul, and cisalpine gaul, and gaulia were all added to the roman empire. Mithridates son in law is king of armenia. Asia then shortly after marched into greece and macedonia. Sulla met mithridates (86) forces in athens then followed mithridates all the way to asia, and defeated mithridates which (cid:396)esulted i(cid:374) a t(cid:396)eaty i(cid:374) 85. Sulla was(cid:374)"t i(cid:374) ro(cid:373)e fo(cid:396) (cid:1006) yea(cid:396)s which allowed for the other party in. Rome that opposed him to rule rome (cinna and the two sons of marius).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers