HIST 243 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Fokker E.Ii, Frederick I, Holy Roman Emperor, Philip Ii Of France

40 views8 pages

Document Summary

Segment 5 outremer and the crusade" in the 12th century. 6: the expedition of philip ii, richard i of england and frederick i of germany (the. 1. kingdom of heaven discussion: europe in the 1180s, outremer post 1187, the third crusade", kingdom of heaven discussion, balian (barsan/barsien) the elder ibelin family. a. i. Granted lordship of ibelin in 1141, given point of barony to protect jerusalem and pilgrims from the north from ascalon (still in control of fatimids). Courtenay and thus is the stepfather of sibylla and. Died 1171 or: conflicts going on within kingdom. Keeps control of ramla while intrigue and conflict going on. a. ii. 2. From this line, comes the medieval king of a. ii. 3. Balian m. amalric"s widow maria comnena; stepfather of isabella. Senior noble in jerusalem until d. 1193. a. iii. Balian from kingdom of heaven is based in history, many characteristics and situations and not completely fictional. Combination with elder brother baldwin: guy de lusignan b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers