Political Studies
Course
POLS 110
Professor
Jonathan W Rose
Semester
Winter

Description
Relocating Sovereignty (The purpose of this paper is This paper will argue that I will conclude that I will show that) USE IN INTRO  Hong Kong’s “functional constituencies” o Who votes? o Electors who are members of the functional constituency vot for candidates for that sear  Bodies (vote via an Authorized Representative)  Individuals o Constituencies have a range of election  Insurance  Wholesale and retail  Education Distortions in Representation  Exclusionary laws and practices  Limiting the franchise by: o Excluding non-citizens  Widely accepted practice  Defining citizens “out”: the case of the “bantustans” in apartheid in South Africa Apartheid Practices  Bantustan: pejorative term from bantu, people, and –stan, homeland)  All blacks assigned citizenship to one of nine homelands  On the poorest land, not contiguous (not next to each other)  Homelands were not able to support the amount of the citizens of these homelands  Homelands given independence by South Africa o Based on language groups  Number of other “self-governing” homelands that were in the process of receiv
More Less

Related notes for POLS 110

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit