PSYC 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Theory Of Mind, Autobiographical Memory, Imaginary Audience

18 views6 pages
salmonllama211 and 39398 others unlocked
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
65 documents

Document Summary

Sense of self: occurs as early as 4 months of age. Infants will react in a different way to reflection of themselves in a mirror in comparison to other people. Pass the rouge test between the ages of 15 and 24 months (colour part of face red, look in mirror, do they touch the red area?) Recognizing something that is different: as language skills increase, children (2 years) can refer to themselves by name, pronoun (3-4 years) are able to describe personal characteristics. Physically observable traits (my hair is light brown) Social relationships (i have a twin sister) Psychological states (i am excited!: at age of 8 years and older. Can look back at memories and experiences (asking to go back to disney land) Memories of specific experiences/events in the past. Use knowledge about themselves to evaluate and modify behavior. A perso(cid:374)"s per(cid:272)eptio(cid:374) of self (e(cid:454) k(cid:374)o(cid:449)ledge, feeli(cid:374)gs, ideas)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers